Thursday, 11 August 2011

Work for Dog World

I have been doing a work placement with Dog World recently as part of my university degree, and thought i'd share some of the work I have been doing. Its been really good working with them as it manages to combine my love of art and my love of dogs :)


One of the first things I was asked to work on were some cartoons for their newspaper. I was slightly apprehensive at first as I have never done any sort of cartoons before. However after sketching out lots and lots of ideas I started to come up with some that I was pleased with, and I actually really enjoyed producing them. I think as I can usually spend so long working on an illustration, these quick cartoons which I could do in 30 mins were really refreshing. Here is my favourite one, and a developed strip that I produced from it:





Either you like this sort of silly humour, or you don't. All drawn out with ink, then digitally coloured (obviously). I worked on and submitted about 6 cartoons in total.


Also, here is an illustration I produced for an article about show bag essentials, and what you should (and shouldn't!) take along with you: 



Detail of the Contents
To get the x-ray effect I had to draw out all of the items separately with brown ink on white paper, so that when I scanned it in and inverted it on photoshop they got that ghostly blue colour that x-rays have. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...