Sunday, 24 April 2011

Fashion Illustration (Fur Project)

I have been having a go at trying to give my fur drawings a bit of a fashion illustration feel. I like how they have turned out although I think they lack boldness... its been so long since I have done any fashion illustration.



Anyway, I'm having a few second thoughts about my final outcome being a zine, mainly because (as anyone keeping up to date with my posts about this project will realise) it seems that 90% of it is all information about the fur industry. If I produced a zine I am going to have to spend a lot of time working on the text, and there will be a lot of it as I will want it to be very thorough. Although that means either making one massive zine, or having the text dominate and spend a lot of time working on hand drawn text, which I don't really want to do. Say, if I wanted to do a section about fur myths, I could space the text over several pages to get a nice balance of text and image, although as it would take a lot of time I would probably only be able to do maybe a couple of spreads which would end up text heavy and not appealing to my audience, more like an essay.


Well, I still have a few weeks left to produce my outcome, all my other work has been finished off (including my essay for my other module) so I can dedicate my remaining time to producing something really nice. I just need a little think about what that may be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...