Saturday, 25 December 2010

Quotes

I got a project from university to illustrate the quote by Kurt Vonnegut "Here’s what I think the truth is: We are all addicts of fossil fuels in a state of denial, about to face cold turkey."


Unfortunately the one week project coincided with when I had a REALLY busy week, so I didn't end up dedicating enough time to it and ended up with something I hated. Over the past week I've been reworking it and developing a few ideas that I initially had. I had several drawings in my sketchbook of a figure manically hacking up an animal, desperately after the fossil fuels they eventually create, although when I tried to develop most of them I wasn't satisfied. So far I have produced these prints which I like, although I am still working on the project:





(Sketchbook page with my drawing that inspired the print above) I don't know if I prefer the image in white?


I also created the following two Monoprints which I was intending on working in two, but now I really like them together as complimentary images. I don't know why exactly, but I really think these two work... maybe something to do with Fossil Fuels being so necessary, maybe 'building blocks' of our society? :s I know I won't use them as my final images, I still like them though :)



                    
 I bought some (ridiculously expensive) gold monoprinting ink, so I might have a go at redrawing these in that :)
Any feedback would be appreciated! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...