Sunday, 10 October 2010

Tom Bennett's Monotype

While researching different artists who use Monoprint for my printmaking 'Aesop's Fables' project, I stumbled across the work of Tom Bennett - oh my god! His work is so fantastic, I love the drama and mystery that he captures in his work, not to mention the lovely watery texture - which I have a feeling is created by watering down the inks with turps. 





When I am in the print studio next Tuesday I am definately going to have a go at watering down my inks, using more colours and wiping the ink of the plate :) I think this style would really work with my story, allowing me to create 'dark' prints that are full of atmosphere. 


You can see more of Tom Bennett's work here

2 comments:

tmiddlemost said...

If you like this use of turps on a monotype, have a look at Tonys work.
He is a master of the mulic plate monotype on very fine papers. http://www.tonyameneiro.com/webpages/bigpics/monotypes/figureatfield.html

Emma Black said...

That looks cool :) I really like his etchings as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...