Sunday, 24 October 2010

The Kennel Club Art Gallery and Library

Cecil Aldin
Cecil Aldin

Lucy Dawson

I went to The Kennel Club on Wednesday, to have a look at their Art Gallery and Library and get some inspiration for my doggy project. They have some really lovely collections... I really enjoyed looking through their large selection of art books, showing a range of old and contemporary work with dogs. They also had lots of really nice books by Cecil Aldin and Lucy Dawson, who are two of my favourite dog artists. They are fantastic at capturing the expression and characters of the dogs, and I know their books are very difficult and expensive to get hold of, so I took the opportunity to get lots of photocopies of the gorgeous work. Even though I am using more of a different style in my own work, I still find their pictures very inspirational :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...